This one-day comprehensive short course is designed for those who feel overloaded and out of control as workloads and performance expectations increase whilst resource levels diminish.
Learn how to do the right things in the correct order and do them better! It will show you how to master your workload through the application of proven practices.
What Is Covered
After the successful completion of this programme, it is expected that you will be able to:
- Distinguish more clearly between productive and non-productive work
- Schedule work through effective workload scheduling rather than merely adding more bullet point tasks to your to do list
- Better manage email traffic
- Analyse and classify work for external outsourcing and internal delegation purposes
- Undertake performance-based delegation to better use organizational resources and achieve required outcomes through empowerment
- Pre-empt workload problems through effective "what if" analysis and minimize crisis work
- Analyse yourself and other for workaholic tendencies and identify addiction cures
- Apply time management principles including dealing with interruptions and learning to say "no"
- Identify and eliminate your time wasters
- Check the validity of current workload processes and remove non-value practices to reduce cycle time and enhance outcome quality
- Establish optimum balance among the conflicting constraints of work effort, output volume and deliverable performance.
- Reorganise your work station to improve your productivity
- Manage paperwork and use office technology to advantage.
This programme is conducted in a relaxed environment with an emphasis on practical team-based exercises designed to familiarize you with the application of the relevant tools and techniques. Opportunity is available to share ideas.
Your employer will benefit because you will be more effective and efficient at completing tasks.
*Book 8 weeks before the start date and get 15% off the course
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now