This course provides a forum for participants to explore the inclusion of Te Ao Māori concepts appropriate to their leadership role and address the needs of Māori staff and stakeholders from an organisational context.
The Māori principle of akō underpins this workshop. means both to teach and to learn. The facilitators and the participants together create the learning environment, with new knowledge and understanding emerging out of the shared workshop experience.
Who Is This Course For?
This course is for you if:
You want to explore leadership from the perspective of Māori and be more effective with working and engaging with Māori.
What Is Covered
- Explore the Māori world view, key concepts around relationships and connections with people, the environment, the past and the future.
- Discover how tikanga concepts can be applied in organisations
- Learn correct te reo pronunciation, karakia and waiata
- Explore New Zealand from an iwi perspective
- Understand Māori governance and organisation principles
- Learn correct ways to connect with Māori leadership, the importance of relationships and connections in your area.
- Understand the impact of unconscious bias on perceptions and decision making.
- Look at your leadership behaviours from a Māori perspective
*Book 8 weeks before the start date and get 15% off the course