What if you could spend less time worrying about the day-to-day issues and more time bringing out the best in your people? You could focus on increasing motivation and creating a sense of purpose that improves not only the quality of your workplace but the quality of the work you do, which in turn will lift the productivity of everyone around you.
Coaching for Managers is one of our short courses - a programme that will enable managers to use coaching skills as part of their management toolkit. You’ll come away with practical, proven coaching techniques to transform people’s lives and drive purpose in the workplace. You’ll gain valuable insights on the psychology and neuroscience behind how coaching works, and leave with the ability to help your team develop the skills, knowledge, and attitude necessary to deliver on their responsibilities and goals successfully.
An intensive, two-day experiential workshop is followed by a structured period of application back in the workplace, and a final, follow-up day will include reflective practice and coaching supervision to ensure the outcomes from the programme become embedded as a core skill-set. After finishing the programme, all successful candidates will receive an external quality-assurance statement, as you do with all IMNZ training and management courses.
Developed and delivered by world-class coaches, psychologists and educators, Prof. Patricia Bossons and Denis Sartain, authors of “Coaching Essentials” and “The Neuroscience of Leadership Coaching”, Coaching for Managers has a proven transformational capacity with 3,000 graduates across the world. Now available in New Zealand for the first time, this exciting and powerful approach to leadership training and development is only on offer through IMNZ - contact IMNZ now to discuss the course or book your place today!
*Book 8 weeks before the start date and get 15% off the course
After completing Coaching for Managers, workplace leaders and managers looking to drive purpose, productivity, and profit will be able to ensure each of their team members is working to equally high standards, and operating with greater efficiently overall. This is because Coaching for Managers covers how to recognise individual strengths, weaknesses, and work styles – helping shape team dynamics and easily gain consensus for common goals.
Furthermore, studies show that workplaces with coaching cultures see measurable improvements in areas such as:
- Staff retention
- Conflict occurrance and mediation
- Open communication
- Job satisfaction
- Overall levels of happiness and productivity
In this way, executives looking to embed a coaching culture in their business will benefit from Coaching for Managers, as will anyone in a position requiring leadership qualities.
- Introduction to coaching - what it is and what it isn’t
- Manager as Coach – when this is appropriate, how to do it, and the Situational Leadership model and diagnostic, working with real case examples
- Coaching practice in reflective groups – understanding your natural style
- Understanding individual differences – how to engage with different types of people based on Myers Briggs Type Indicators
- The GROW model of coaching, demonstration and practice in trios
- Coaching practice in reflective groups
- Manager as Coach – pitfalls and boundaries
- How to introduce and sustain a coaching culture
- Setup for inter-module practice
- Approximately six weeks of inter-module practice, coaching action and being coached by colleagues from the programme, including reflective write-up of both experiences for formative feedback from tutors
- Introduction to Coaching Supervision practice, and group supervision on inter-module coaching sessions
- Review of work-related coaching situations and opportunities
- Developing coaching expertise, tools, and techniques going forward
What Is Covered
Coaching for Managers graduates can:
- Coach employees in diverse situations to drive performance and lift productivity
- Unlock previously unseen engagement and effort
- Understand the psychology and neuroscience behind successful coaching
- Realise when to use a coaching approach and when to use other management styles
- Create and embed a coaching culture to increase motivation and energy in the workplace
What Participants Say
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now