If we collect your details it is to keep you informed about leadership content including news about training, legislation, events and current topics. Privacy is important to us at the Institute of Management and we want to make sure that you understand the terms and conditions relating to the way in which we collect information and the use of that information.
The information we collect
The Institute of Management New Zealand operates the following websites www.imnz.co.nz and www.imnzexec.co.nz . As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
- Personally Identifiable Information: this is provided by you (or someone authorised by you or your organisation) when you register for services that we may offer.
- Aggregated Data: this information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Your details are securely stored and are not made available to anyone without your express permission. You are welcome to update your email preferences by contacting us at any time to access and update your personal information or to ‘opt-out’ of receiving further communications from us. We will endeavour to action your request within two working days. Write to us at PO Box 6600, Wellesley Street Auckland 1141; send us an email at email@example.com or unsubscribe directly here.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (http://www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services
- To process any transactions that you might make on our site
- To help provide any other services that you have requested
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from.
- Track traffic patterns to our site
2. Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown
3. Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit
What about third-party cookies?
Third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads on the internet based on someone’s past visits to our website. Personally identifiable information is not stored by us or any third-parties.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Can we change this policy?
Your right to access our information
The Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. To find out more about how to do this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, mail your corrections for the attention of the Mela Hajderaj, Marketing Manager at The Institute of Management New Zealand, PO Box 6600, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141. To automatically update your information click here.
DO NOT MAIL / DO NOT CALL PRIVACY STATEMENT